How much and how fast will sea level rise in the coming decades? What makes sea level rise hard to predict? Who will be affected?
Join NASA experts and guests to discuss how sea level has risen an average of about seven inches around the globe since 1900, and has been accelerating in recent decades.
This NASA Google+ Hangout will take place on Tues., Apr. 2, at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT. Learn about the current state of sea level rise research, the questions yet to be answered and the potential impact on coastal communities.
The Hangout features:
* Josh Willis, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
* Sophie Nowicki, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center
* Mike Watkins, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
* Virginia Burkett, U.S. Geological Survey
* Andrew Revkin, Pace University & New York Times Dot Earth blogger